of TotalCareMax Disability Income Protection
• Receive up to 75% of your pre-disability income, paid monthly, to keep your household running while you recover.
• Choose your waiting period (the time you’ll need to wait until the benefit starts). A longer waiting period means a lower premium.
• Get advance payment to reduce stress and worry. If your claim is notified and accepted by Sovereign within the waiting period, you may be eligible to receive half of your first month’s benefit at the end of the waiting period.
• We will waive the waiting period if you suffer a recurrence of the same disability within six months of your benefit ceasing.
• If you’re stuck in bed during the waiting period, you’ll get a special payment for each complete 24-hour period after the first 72 hours of bed confinement.
• Choose your benefit payment period – one, two or five years, or to age 65 or 70.
• Receive a back-to-work lump sum equal to three times your monthly benefit if you return to work between 12 and 24 months after claiming.
• For rehabilitation, a lump sum of up to six times your monthly benefit is available to pay for approved specialised equipment or home alterations. There’s also a retraining benefit available, if you need to change occupations.
• If you’re able to return to work part-time, you may be able to receive a partial monthly payment to help you make the transition back to full employment.
• You can suspend your cover while on parental leave, sabbatical leave, study leave or leave without pay.
• You won’t have to pay your premium while receiving a benefit – this benefit is called Waiver of Premium.
• You’re covered anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
Benefits you can add on
• You can add Future Insurability, which allows you to increase your cover level without further medical evidence.
• Extra cash, home care and cover for permanent disablement can be added with our Premium Cover options.
1. Gen Re Life Health Australia, 2005
Disability Income Protection
This type of income protection covers you for the most common serious conditions. It’s ideal for people who can’t purchase regular Disability Income Protection because of their occupation, and those who are looking for a lower-cost alternative >> more.
Disclaimer: The availability of any insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. For full details, refer to the policy document which is available on request from Sovereign. Applications are subject to individual consideration. Special conditions, premiums, maximums and exclusions may apply.
has made it possible for our family to growth wealth and safeguard ourselves
with the right insurance package...
- Gary & Lois Birkett
spent time with me working through my insurance requirements and making
recommendations. His communication with the underwriters and myself was
- Bryce Frewin